Paypal costs to accept payment

parapilot 20:59 27 Jun 06

Hi,

I wish to send a payment to a friend, he has a buisness account so he can sell on ebay. When a user pays him with a credit card he gets charged a % age.

I have funds in my account already, so wont use a credit card. Will he still get charged to recieve the payment from me?

I know its free to send and recieve funds in a personal account, it this true of a buisness account when no credit card is used???

Thank You
Jamie.

pj123 21:48 27 Jun 06

Paypal is a business, so they need to make a profit. They do this by charging a percentage of all transactions. Mostly they only charge the seller the percentage but the seller may or may not pass the percentage on to the buyer.

Notice also that some suppliers charge a percentage if you pay by Credit card but not if you pay by Debit Card.

terryf 21:51 27 Jun 06

Send a cheque by 2nd class post, it will only cost you a stamp

spuds 22:37 27 Jun 06

If he's got a business account with PayPal, then they will make a transaction charge.

parapilot 22:42 27 Jun 06

Thanks Spuds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…