maz2 00:22 05 Mar 05

Had an e-mail the other day which said that somebody had tried to access my account but that they had been stopped they told me to sign in and check my account. I deleted the e mail but did check by typing in paypal's address in the address bar (not clicking link in email). Do you think this is a scam, or is it genuine. As I do not use the account I have now deleted all my card numbers from the account

Salinger 00:25 05 Mar 05

Typical phishing trip. 00:26 05 Mar 05

a definate scam.

maz2 00:29 05 Mar 05

I thought so too, just shows how careful you have to be

Forum Editor 01:11 05 Mar 05

phishing trip.

€dstowe 06:31 05 Mar 05

I've had two similar emails about my Paypal account. Interestingly, I don't have one, never have had one and I doubt that I will ever need one.

octal 07:15 05 Mar 05

I've had a Paypal account for years, even before I had heard about phishing I received an email informing me as my account was inactive and will be delete, I should reactivate it by clicking on the link and reenter my details.

My first reaction was, so what! Delete it then! I'll just open a new one, the email got deleted.

Well Surprise! Surprise! The account is still active after all these years.

snowy7077 09:54 05 Mar 05

When you receive messages like this simply click the forward button on your e mail browser, and send the entire message to "[email protected]"
They will send you a response within 60secs or less.
If you are not addressed by your first name from either Pay Pal or E bay, then the mail you received is a spoof. Just delete it, or forward the entire mail to Spoof@ or the one listed above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…