Pay As You Go ISP s - different email addresses

cosi 13:30 04 Jun 03

Is my suspicion correct ? Do some ISPs' servers stop you sending mail if you are not connected via their own DUN account ?

In particular: I have a Care4free account & email; & a Tiscali account & email. If I dial up Tiscali, I can receive, send , etc both my Care4free & Tiscali mail. BUT if I dial up Care4free, I can only receive Tiscali addressed mail, not send. In this case I get error 0x800ccc65 SMTP server....

Both accounts are pay as you go.

TBH1 13:40 04 Jun 03

yep - thats about the size of it - - -you can collect from all your accounts but only send from the one belonging to the isp you are signed on to. If your replying to an email sent to the account you can't send from, just go to the drop-down list in your FROM line and change appropriately. I read on this forum only last week the reason behind this but can't for the life of me think what it was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…