Pay as you go ISP

WtheM 13:51 08 Nov 05

Hi, can anyone recommend any pay as you go ISP's.
Thanks.

stylehurst 14:16 08 Nov 05

Try Plusnet

anchor 14:18 08 Nov 05

Onetel is worth a look. I used them in the past and found them OK. The big advantage is that dial-up access is only 1.5p/min at any time of day.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:32 08 Nov 05

Tiscali, wanadoo etc all have PAYG options. The advantage is that you can use them on any computer in the UK and you are not tied to one phone line or computer. I keep a PAYG account on a memory stick that I can use on another computer that does not have Internet access but has access to a phone line or I just take my lappy and hook into the nearest phone line.

G

mco 18:05 08 Nov 05

I never knew that or thought of that, Gandalf! Best not tell my teenagers or they'll be plugging into their gran's phoneline with their memory sticks and laptops next time we go round for tea, rather than sitting bored listening to grandad talk about the war!!

ade.h 20:39 08 Nov 05

I do as Gandalf does; I have a Plusnet account on my Notebook as it's useful when visiting clients.

JoJoJ 19:13 30 Nov 05

I've always loved <a href="click here">Aardvark</A> as they have always been reliable and have helped me out as a newbie on several occasions free of charge. However I see that there are loads of them out there so I guess it's down to a personal preference. I have 3 of them setup on my laptop but I also have a wireless card installed - you would be surprised just how many free wireless hotspots are out there where you can get free access - only problem is finding out the smtp server when sending emails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now