Pay Pal spoof

Miros 10:17 16 May 07

Just received an email today supposedly from 'Pay Pal Europe' titled
"Important changes to Pay Pal Accounts in the European Union"
Read the details with the aid of ePrompter, click here it certainly looks like a spoof to me, and I have reported and forwarded a copy to Pay Pal again using ePrompter so that they can action it.

Stuartli 10:18 16 May 07

See:

click here

You should know if such e-mails are genuine as they will include your username for the website.

JayDay 10:20 16 May 07
  Marko797 10:30 16 May 07

If it's in relation to ebay then I would ditch paypal as it is prone to spoofs & other abuse.

I personally had a nightmare with them & now insist on cash on collection, cheque, bank transfer.

On chqs, wait for it to clear b4 u release ur item.

On bnk transfer (allowing someone to pay into ur account), I checked with my bank to see if there were any security issues with providing bnk details to someone, and they assured me there were no issues.

Miros 10:33 16 May 07

Looks like it's OK after all.

I did a search for 'Pay Pal' before I posted on here and found nothing so went ahead and posted, had I seen the other postings would not have done so!

Since the e-mail says there is nothing for me to do on my part, why bother sending it out in the first place? It's some years since I have used Pay Pal anyway and if I can help it I will not do so again.

Been away for a few days so just catching up with everything, thanks again Stuartli, I will now tick as resolved.

yaesu 15:19 16 May 07

Hi, I know thread is ticked as resolved but you may be interested in this. As Paypal is moving to Luxembourg it will no longer come under the umbrella of the FSA. Regards, yaesu

Miros 21:02 16 May 07

Interesting, but will it make any difference in the long run anyway? Yasus :-)

Miros 21:05 16 May 07

My Greek is not that good, should that have been yasas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now