Pay Pal scam

jack 10:50 05 Dec 04

Frm another list came the following, I pass it on

For those of our subscribers who make "safe" purchases from internet
websites and affect payment via PayPal, said to be a 'secure' form of
credit card payment, the event described below may be of interest.

I received an e-mail this afternoon, correctly addressed with the
Subject line reading : "your PayPal account could be suspended"

I have used PayPal only on one or two occasions and not in the recent
past. I therefore felt uneasy and decided to check with Google by
entering the subject line "your PayPal account could be suspended"

The first line at the top of the Google page directed me to

click here

and showed that my suspicions fully justified.

As a result of this experience I immediately closed my PayPal account.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:31 05 Dec 04

You received a spoof email. Those spoof emails are doing the rounds all the time. Reading it and noting the poor standard of English in the email was, as usual, a dead giveaway. The other thing to do is hover your mouse over any links in the email to reveal the true address it connects to. The spoofs are so easy to spot that you should not be at any risk if you look at all such emails that ask for any personal details, whether they allege to come from eBay, Paypal or your bank, carefully and assume they are suspicious unless you can prove otherwise. My partner and I have received many such emails over the last couple of years but have not had any problems. To close your account is, I think, an over-reaction.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:42 05 Dec 04

The Big 4 banks have had similar scams....will you be closing your bank accounts as well?

G

pj123 12:05 05 Dec 04

Obviously scams. I get emails daily from various places. PayPal yesterday, I don't have a payPal account. Ebay today, I don't have an ebay account. I just delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…