Pavilion 8635 Desktop Motherboard upgrade

hullguy28 16:35 12 Mar 08

Hi I have a HP Pavilion 8635 pc running an intel celeron 500mhz processor on a 370 socket I have recently purchased a 1.5ghz Celeron which wont work on the Asus Hawk 1.08 motheroard. Can anyone advise me on a replacement motherboard that will take this processor and also fit into the casing of the 8635 Pc. I have noticed it seems rather smaller than standard motherboards so any help would be much appreciated

Totally-braindead 16:43 12 Mar 08

The problem you will have assumming you get a motherboard that will do you is, the windows for the HP will almost certainly fail validation. You would need a new copy of windows as it would recognise it was a new motherboard and wouldn't work.

Sorry but I really think the better option is to get a barebones system and a new copy of windows (about £60 for the windows) click here add either the hard drive from your old system and the CDROM from it or buy new ones and you have a new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…