Pauses at boot screen

Gran_T_Boy 19:10 14 Aug 03

hi,

iv not beeon the the forum in ageeees, but, i thought bes tplace to come for some help!

well, when i start up my pc, it gets to the loading screen, saying "loading windows" but, it just does that, i left it for 2 hours earlier, still, just sits there, right now, im in safe mode, but plz any help would be much appreciated, as long as they dont mention "format", lol

~Winxp Pro

Thanks,

Grant

xania 20:57 14 Aug 03

When you boot up press <F8> and then load fully step-by-step. Chewck to see what is actually happening when the thing stops and there's your problem. Start again, masking sure NOT to load that particular driver and make sure that all else is working. Then, remove the bad driver and re-install. Hopefully......

And if that does not work, its that horrible f word again

Jester2K II 21:04 14 Aug 03

No no no.... Format your hard disk NOW!!!!!!!!

Or you could just do what xania says....

Gran_T_Boy 01:42 15 Aug 03

well, i ended up formatting :(, ah well, nice speedy pc now, had to much junk on it, lol, ah well, i hope to pop in her emor eoften, used to be very active years ago, but, lost touch!

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…