Pause Printing

jim63 11:18 27 Mar 10

I wish to pause printing for a few seconds to turn page over to other side without printer trying to load next page.I tic 2 sided printing but it will not do it, this is what Epson have said. "In reply to your email, if printing on both sides of media ensure 2 sided option within the page layout of the printers preferences is selected. When pages have been printed, a pop will appear on the computer screen advising you to turn over the paper, this will effectively pause the printer until you reload and confirm to continue with the prints."
Will not do it. Using XP. Printer is Epson Stylus Office BX300F

Batch 14:42 27 Mar 10

Depending upon what software you are using to print from there may be another way. In a number of apps (for example Word, Acrobat Reader) it is possible to print All Pages, Odd Numbered Pages or Even Numbered Pages. So if you print the Odd Numbered Pages then turn the paper over and reinsert in the printer and print Even Numbered Pages it will have the desired effect. But you should experiment with just a couple of pages first to make sure that you get the second print the with the orientation that you want (in relatin to the first print).

jim63 15:41 27 Mar 10

What I meant was just to use 1 page and then turn over and print other side.

palinka 11:16 28 Mar 10

to ensure that you get the necessary pause to turn the page over there are two simple options :-
either - Choose print but put just a single sheet of paper in the printer, then when it emerges with 1st side printed put it back in the other way round and let the printer get on with side two (You may have to click something on the printer itself to make it re-start/continue ; deopends on how quick you are and how quick the printer is).
or to print use the file>print option; remove the blob from "print all" and instead type 1, 3, 5 etc in the "pages" box. Then remove the entire nbatch of pages thus printed, reinsert in the printer, go to file >print again and this tine choose 2, 4, 6 etc.

I use these 2 methods frequently - depending on whether i'm printing a small doc of just 2 sides or one with many pages.

jim63 12:19 28 Mar 10

Thanks all for your help.Will give this a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…