Patin Couffin - Engine

wonderwill 20:53 11 Jun 06

My daughter bought a new laptop and I tried to install DVD Xcopy or similar. I then uninstalled it using Uninstaller. I think I must have deleted Patin Couffin as when she switches it on it is searching for hardware and mentions Patin Couffin. She can access nothing although it seems to go through a windows startup but blank screen. She has no internet access at the moment (is this the answer- to install from a Patin Couffin form a site) and no disc came with the laptop. I am also doing this by telephone conversations with her.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:54 11 Jun 06

System restore to just before the install?

G

VoG II 20:59 11 Jun 06
  woodchip 21:03 11 Jun 06

Start the Computer in Safe Mode, keep tapping F8 key as computer starts Safe Mode is the one at the top of the list. In Safe Mode, click Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore choose Old date to restore the Date will be Bold Text

wonderwill 21:06 11 Jun 06

how?- went into safe mode via F8 and selected

Last Known Good Configuration

However the hardware search for Patin Couffin came up again. How do I get to a restore point when there is nothing ont the screen or any start menu - only task manager available or if I go in through F8 all the other options?

De Marcus™ 21:08 11 Jun 06

follow VoG™'s link

woodchip 21:08 11 Jun 06

You should get safe Mode at the top of the list

De Marcus™ 21:20 11 Jun 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…