patenting software

simmo09 19:26 29 May 08

hi ive been programming as freelance for myself for the past 2-3 year when i can designing my own IDE for application building. I feel i could release a stable alpha towards the end of year, maybe 09 but wanted to know how you go about patenting your software? Does the source have to be sent to somebody for reverse engineering etc, how does it work?

Cheers

johnnyrocker 19:34 29 May 08

might find some help if you click here=.

johnny

simmo09 19:37 29 May 08

cheers m8, good ole goggle

simmo09 19:42 29 May 08

found nothing specific, will keep looking though thanks.

€dstowe 22:23 29 May 08

Before you go any further, have a look at click here

If you still feel it's appropriate to go ahead, consult a patent attorney. Like a solicitor, a patent attorney should give you a one hour free consultation. You can then decide whether to go ahead or not.

Be warned, whilst it may not appear very expensive when you first start with the process (the first process, filing, is free at the UKIPO) it becomes very, very expensive as things progress. After filing, you have one year during which you try and get other parties interested in you invention who can then provide finance or could licence the invention from you.

simmo09 22:45 29 May 08

thanks for linking to a useful site :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…