Patching Suggestion

Jester2K II 09:51 12 Aug 03

We are getting a lot of Remote Procedure Call errors this am. This looks like its due to a virus called W32/Lovsan.worm, W32.Blaster.Worm, WORM_MSBLAST.A, Win32.Poza, Worm/Lovsan.A click here

Can i suggest that everyone checks they have the following patch installed....click here

I know there will be one or two who say "I never patch and i don't get viruses etc" Well the 4 or 5 people who caught the virus this am didn't patch either.....

Also be aware -

After August 15 the worm will launch a distributed denial-of-service attack on windowsupdate.com

Also it doesn't spread via e-mail...

Jester2K II 10:06 12 Aug 03

Oh and those that are affected seem to only be able to surf the net for a few minutes so they can't get AV updates or patches downloaded...

Jester2K II 11:09 12 Aug 03

bump

livewire 11:49 12 Aug 03

I surpose Virus definitions will do.

Jester2K II 11:53 12 Aug 03

True, but then what if a variant of the virus comes out and you get affected before the Virus Definition comes out?

alcudia 12:42 12 Aug 03

Am I right in thinking that this does not apply to systems running 98 or ME. ie only NTFS file systems.

Jester2K II 12:49 12 Aug 03

Not NTFS related

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Services Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server? 2003

Not Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

Ben Avery 12:52 12 Aug 03

I like the hidden message! ;o)

BA

alcudia 13:01 12 Aug 03

Thanks Jester 2K II. I have patched my XP machine and will not worry about the one running me

Jester2K II 13:25 12 Aug 03

.... you know you want to.

Before someone tells you not to bother....

BurrWalnut 14:50 12 Aug 03

Not so easy as "just do it".

I've just spoken to my son who can't stay on longer than a few seconds.

Reading other threads I've downloaded stinger.exe (I'm Win98) to a floppy. My question is can he boot from my 98 boot floppy then put in the stinger floppy and run it?

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…