Pasting Several Images on to 1 page

axelbrora 17:05 09 Dec 07

What is the best way, or best programme, to use for putting several different images or photographs onto one page?

I have some great programmes such as Irfanview and Paint.net but cannot see a way to do this.

Best solution so far is to paste the images on to a Word document then try to manouver them about. I find this very difficult and do not know how to get a "hand" in Word to make moving them around a bit easier. I am sure that ther must be a simpler way or a programme that does this.

Can anyone help?

Axel

VoG II 17:09 09 Dec 07

I find that the easiest way to do this in Word is to insert a table and make its borders invisible. You can then paste pictures into the table's cells.

VoG II 17:14 09 Dec 07

Or if you want to print a contact sheet click here and scroll down a bit.

MAJ 17:22 09 Dec 07

Are they for printing?

axelbrora 17:52 09 Dec 07

Yes, and also for viewing, transferring, etc.

Axel

MAJ 18:13 09 Dec 07

Yes I'd agree with a dtp package, or if you had it, Paintshop Pro.

Diemmess 18:30 09 Dec 07

But it has one serious snag

Using table cells pacing out your pictures and even adding captions can be done with assurance and certainty that the pictures wont slip all over the place in Word.

However if you want to overlap any of them like a montage.... then you need either a DTP program or a heavyweight image editing program which will allow you to cut and paste as several separate objects in to a new file.

awest3 18:43 09 Dec 07

Because of the pain in trying to align photos etc.
I tend to use Word but rather than using tables I use text box from the drawing toolbar, (goto view, toolbars and check the drawing box the drawing toolbar should appear at the bottom of the screen..well mine does, yours may appear somwhere else but is easily moved). Simply click on the text box on the bar, sort of box with lines in it. put your cursor onn one of the edges and pull it to the size you want. the cursor will appear in the box, just copy and paste your images into the box. Then, highlight text box itself and on the drawing toolbar click on the line box and click the none option. your can resize the box to your hearts content and move the text box easily around the page..

Al

axelbrora 20:47 09 Dec 07

Many thanks for the replies and some great ideas, especially from awest3. The text box trick in Word is briliant!

After posting the query I checked out the software I already have. Paint.net does almost all I want and is excellent. Only problem appears to be that the first image you paste is fixed and after you move on to the next image you cannot move any of the ones already placed, a bit like Word. Easiest of all is Powerpoint where you can paste images galore and then move them around and resize them at will! Bill Gates does it again!

Axel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos