passwords xp

reload 23:54 25 Mar 03

i have a toshiba laptop running xp with 2 setups mine+partners mate borrowed pc and changed my loginpasword butnot my partners cant access my setup. can use pc with her password how can i get mine up and running need to know what files to delete and regain control please help

internetevil 00:13 26 Mar 03

this works on most xp home systems (especial OEM windows)
restart the pc
keep taping f8 to get to the advaced boot menu
choose "safe mode", and press enter...

on the screen that says click on your user name there is now a user called "administrator" and there NO PASSWORD, login as that user...
go to control pannel and change the password back in "user accounts"
restart pc ...
hey presto
do you feel secure?

Lozzy 11:12 26 Mar 03

I am sure there is a lesson to be learnt here!!! XP has the Guest facility why didn't you set him/her up as a Guest and avoid these issues.. Just wondering..

joel42 09:41 15 Nov 04

Can't find any links to help with this problem.
Recently loaded SP2 and had no problems - however when the Windows XP page loads it asks for a user name and password (haven't been asked for this is ages). I have tried the passwords for the Supervisor and the one other name registered but they are not accepted.
I stupidly, previously removed the "Guest" account and now cannot get past the login page.
Does anyone have any idea of how I can get into my system.
Any help/suggestions appreciated

joel42 09:41 15 Nov 04

Can't find any links to help with this problem.
Recently loaded SP2 and had no problems - however when the Windows XP page loads it asks for a user name and password (haven't been asked for this is ages). I have tried the passwords for the Supervisor and the one other name registered but they are not accepted.
I stupidly, previously removed the "Guest" account and now cannot get past the login page.
Does anyone have any idea of how I can get into my system.
Any help/suggestions appreciated

Graham ® 09:51 15 Nov 04

It is always better to start your own thread with 'Start new subject'.

If you just press enter without a password you should find you can login.

Bob The Nob© 10:04 15 Nov 04

one of the PCA discs has a Windows xp lost password registry editor where you can reset your passwords but I don't know how it works as I don't have XP. Try this site click here download it and extract it on to a floppy disc and boot up form it. It that doesn't work try these click here .

Bob The Nob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…