Passwords on Win2k

Amalric I 10:50 27 Sep 03

I keep my computer in a locked room and I do not want any kind of software lockout to keep me from booting up. I tried to set up this way by offering a null password for both Administrator and User.

On booting up Win2k still stops and asks for a password, most of the time for my username, and I have to hit return to go on.

1)How can I eliminate this?

About half the times it plugs in "Administrator" and asks for his password. I then I have to replace "Administrator" with my user name and then hit return.

2) How can I eliminate this?

Lately, it will not boot even if I do as above and I must reboot a few times to get through, wasting my time and making me very nervous. Can anyone help before it decides to lock me out permanently?

MichelleC 11:01 27 Sep 03

Have a look round Admin Tools/local security Policy and change to disabled (I think).

Might be worth running error check (which it'll do on reboot), and cmd on command prompt.

krypt1c 11:22 27 Sep 03

Go into settings > control panel > users and passwords. It should open defaulted to users. You should see a list of users. There's an option users must enter a user name and password to use this computer that is probably ticked. Try unticking this, then reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…