//some 3rd party need geo

Passwords-use invisible ink

v1asco 09:00 04 Aug 05

To save passwords choose a document you already have (or create a phoney one)and one you will not be sending to anyone.

At the end of the text type in your passwords then change the ink colour to the same colour as your page (white?) and Hey Presto! they dissappear.

To read passwords hold control and press A, this selects the whole document then click the highlight button and highlight the whole thing in the opposite ink colour (Black?) and you can read the passwords.
Do not save changes when you close and you still have your secret passwords.

Sounds laborious but only takes seconds.You could of course change the text colour but that may be slightly longer.

Taffy

LastChip 11:33 04 Aug 05

But how do you get the password to start your computer, to read the passwords?

All joking apart, a very good tip and one I haven't seen before.

DieSse 11:40 04 Aug 05

very neat trick

Pooke 14:45 04 Aug 05

nice one

mec13 18:58 04 Aug 05

ooh, I say! that has got me thinking....

Sapins 19:55 04 Aug 05

What do you do when your computer crashes?

Happy Soul 20:11 04 Aug 05

bugle, you can also do the same if you send an e-mail to a friend where others have access but you want it kept private.

In the Subject line type 'TEST ONLY', your recipient will know it's from you. Now do as you say by changing the ink colour to white on the white background.

On receipt, holding down the left mouse button and moving across the page, the message can be read then deleted.

v1asco 23:57 04 Aug 05

use my back up copy on my laptop!!! but like FE I only have a few passwords this suggestion was prompted by an earlier thread. It is also a way to hide any info on spreadsheets etc., as well as Happy Souls suggestion.

Glad to be of help.

taffy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…