Passwords and Secure Login

johndrew 11:53 16 Aug 08

I recently downloaded the Firefox Secure Login Add-on click here and am now having problems getting Firefox to remember password details for the PayPal site.

I have followed the link for the Secure Login documentation click here and read the details for overcoming the problem click here under, "Why doesn't Firefox Password Manager ask me to save passwords for some websites?". I have down loaded the `Bookmarklet` and followed the instructions but it simply directs me to click here: rather than doing as the words say.

Please can someone advise if it is the PayPal site that prevents saving of passwords by Firefox (or any other browser perhaps) or if I am somehow doing something wrong or possibly is Firefox broken?.

Many thanks in anticipation.

johndrew 16:07 16 Aug 08

^

T0SH 17:58 16 Aug 08

Pay Pal is a secure log on site, so it would make no sense for it to allow autocomplete to store paswords in plain text would it ?

Cheers HC

rawprawn 18:14 16 Aug 08

If you want a secure password/login manager get
Roboform. I have used it for years, and it is an excellent program.It works with both IE and Firefox.
click here

johndrew 19:50 16 Aug 08

Thanks for coming back people.

I use other `secure` sites with Firefox Password Manager and there is no problem. However, the situation doesn`t really surprise me as I feel certain that PayPal will know of the ways used to get around their security in this respect.

I guess I shall simply need to try and actually remember my password for this one even though this is the first time I`ve ever used it.

Thanks again.

johndrew 10:27 18 Aug 08

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…