Passwords problems and Front page

swapper 20:53 30 Dec 05

WinXP Pro, FP2003,Web Mania.

I have started to have a lot of problems with Passwords being rejected when I know that they are correct.
All of my passwords work o.k. apart from the ones that I use with FP2003, Web-Mania, Terrapin.

Any ideas please?

swapper 21:15 30 Dec 05

swapper 08:24 01 Jan 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:09 01 Jan 06

Are you using "remember pasword" or putting in manually each time?

Password cache can get damaged, its worth backing p all passwords delete the cache and then pu passwords back into each program with rember password ticked to rebuild the cache.

swapper 10:45 02 Jan 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\, A happy New Year, thanks for your response.
How would I find this password cache please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 02 Jan 06

The IE passwords are all encrypted in the registry

click here will switch off password caching and will delete the cache on a reboot.

Change the value back again to switch it back on and reboot again, all passwords will then be saved if you tick the remember this password box.

Of course if your using Firefox then there is a different procedure.

swapper 07:29 03 Jan 06

thanks again Fruit Bat /\0/\,

I did as you suggested, with no change, but I have since got an excellent result!

I was looking through the help section of Terrapin, and was directed to check the "Passive Data Connection (PASV)" box, I did this and Terrapin is now working with my passwords, I think I was being allowed to upload to my site, but was not allowed to receive anything back from it? I might be wrong, but at least it is working o.k. now.

I tried looking for something similar in FP2003, but am still no able connect to the remote server, any ideas please?

swapper 07:43 04 Jan 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…