Passwords and OE and IE

diogenes 21:14 18 Jul 04

I recollect that I asked a question about this sometime ago. Despite the wording on the tin in 'view your postings':

"Savour every posting you've ever made in our forums, they're all here for you to peruse at your leisure."

I have been unable to find the thread.

How do I get the connection box and password back?

Thank you

Diogenes

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 18 Jul 04

Are you using TweakUI to log on automatically? If so switch off to get your boxes back.

diogenes 13:39 19 Jul 04

No, I am not using Tweak. I suspect that the kids have clicked something!
I did receive a response to a posting on the same subject to this board sometime ago. However, it appears to be one of the postings that I can no longer savour - unless I am so inept that I cannot find it!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Diogenes.

beeuuem 14:37 19 Jul 04

Check in IE > Tools > Internet Options> Connection tab that 'Always Dial my default connection' is
ticked.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 19 Jul 04

Re above posting

Having 'never dial aconnection' ticked means you will be asked for Number and pssword if clicking on IE or OE icons.

/\0/\

beeuuem 18:00 19 Jul 04

Beg to disagree - if the 'Never dial a connection' is ticked the dial up panel will not appear. The dial up panel wiil appear if the 'Always Dial my default connection' is ticked.

diogenes 21:03 19 Jul 04

I have tried the above except never dial a connection. The thought of scrambling the whole thing is not one that I relish! I know that the answeris simple but I'm blowed if I can remember it,

diogenes 22:07 19 Jul 04

after an evening of banging my head on the barrel I think that I have fixed the password/ connection box problem.

Control Panel/DUN/ R click default ISP /properties/uncheck connect automatically.

We got there in the end!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…