Passwords On Discs

Is it possible to put a password on a disc so that if someone trys to look at it they can't without having the password. I have a disc with bank details, passwords etc on it. I know on Memory sticks you can put passwords on it but what about discs?

bremner 16:57 08 Apr 07

You could zip all the files and password protect the zip file

powerless 17:00 08 Apr 07

hmm well in Word, Excel you can have a password to open the document. There are also different levels of encryption...

What do you mean 'if you must'? Yes I must! That is why I am asking the question.

The disc has a variety of files on it not just excel and word. That is why I need to password protect the disc rather than the files on it.

bremner 17:10 08 Apr 07

or there is this click here

Is there anything for DVDs?

Batch 18:57 08 Apr 07

It may well be that that Ricoh software only works with Ricoh drives.

Personally I would encrypt the files beforehand using something like WinZip click here . This supports high security encryption and your files will also then be secure on the PC as well.

Although you can encrypt under Windows, I believe the encryption is tied to the specific user, so is best avoided as one could encounter problems trying to retrieve the data on another machine etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:30 08 Apr 07

Encryptors / Security:-
AxCrypt click here
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here
Folderlock click here
CD/DVD Lock click here
Hide Files & Folders click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…