//some 3rd party need geo

Password XP

Gorillaz 09:45 05 Jul 03

Two questions in one.
I tried to password protect a folder in XP using the sharing and security option now I have to enter the password when I start Windows and come out of standby, how can I change back to normal non password mode?
Finally how do you password protect personal folders, I just want to make sure that I am the only one that can access them.

Willow12 11:12 05 Jul 03

To change to a non password mode, access the Control Panel, click User Accounts, select the account to change and then choose the remove password option.

To password protect folders you must first create a compressed folder using File, New, Compressed (zipped) folder. Place the files to be protected in it. Open up the file, select File (at top of screen) choose 'add a password' and away you go. Now whenever the compressed file is accessed the password will need to be given.

For extra security, right click the compressed file and under properties click hidden and apply. To view it again click Tools, Folder options, View, Show hidden Files and Folders.

Regards

Willow12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…