//some 3rd party need geo

Password Script for Webpages

webber_man 13:46 05 Aug 03

Hi,
I'm designing a website and would like an area for members only. Does anyone know of any free code or programme (CGI, PEARL etc.) that i could use so only 'members' were let in to this area?

I dont need it ultra secure but i want a page to appear prompting a username and passowrd before re-directing them to the 'member' page.

Hope that's clear!

Thanks.

Forum Editor 23:27 05 Aug 03

at this site
click here and download the free trial of the password wizard. It's one of the best little password applications around, and very easy to set up and operate.

If you like it, you might decide to pay $25 for the registered version - it's not a fortune, and I think it's well worth it.

webber_man 23:46 05 Aug 03

...i'll give it a look

HighTower 10:00 13 Aug 03

If your server supports .asp then I have a free .asp password system that works very well. If you want it I can email it to you. Your web host will be able to tell you whether it will work on the server or not.

oliverdore 18:06 13 Aug 03

I use .hta access on some of my remote folders - it's nothing special, but it does the job. All you need is a folder which stores usernames and passwords), and a file that is placed inside the folder you want to protect. When a user attempts to access a certain page, a username/password box will popup, and if their credentials are incorrect the page will not load (Authorisation Error)

It works for most, but not all, web-space providers.

webber_man 20:52 13 Aug 03

...i went with the the Forum Editors pick - and cheers very much too! Superb. Easy to use and looks great, and does all that i wanted to do with me fiddling with CGI etc.

Cheers agin

Forum Editor 21:36 13 Aug 03

and I'm glad you like it.

Bear in mind that anything like this is not going to be the world's most secure password protection. It's perfectly adequate for most situations though, and as you say, is easy to operate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…