Password Script for Webpages

webber_man 13:40 05 Aug 03

I'm designing a website and would like an area for members only. Does anyone know of any free code or programme (CGI, PEARL etc.) that i could use so only 'members' were let in to this area?

I dont need it ultra secure but i want a page to appear prompting a username and passowrd before re-directing them to the 'member' page.

Hope that's clear!

Webmaster 14:53 05 Aug 03

One question first, does your ISP support .htaccess and .htpasswd files (if on an Apache server)? If they are supporting CGI-Perl then it may be a likelyhood that they can support them.

Alternatively, if they do not support .htaccess (for their own security reasons) then you can easily make your way to Hotscripts if you click here. There you can find a lot to do with many different types of programming languages. For example, there are tips and tutorials, and scripts and programs (the biggest category full of sub-categories like 'security' and 'ecommerce' scripts). Have fun!

webber_man 16:57 05 Aug 03

yes, they do support .htaccess and .htpasswd files - thanks for the links, i'll take a look now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…