password for recovery genius

auo 16:11 26 Mar 04

I have put recovery genius off the cover disc but every time I try to do things it keeps asking for administrators password tried putting in a password to no avail can some one please help as it has changed may computer to a earlier setting
tankyou Dave

rawprawn 16:55 26 Mar 04

Be very careful, I also put recovery genius on my computer. I decided that I didn't want it so I tried to uninstall, It asked me for a password which I didn't have & the only way I could get it was to register & pay.I was unable to uninstall even in safe mode & it kept asking for a password even while still booting up. Eventually I crashed my computer totally & had to reformat & reinstall XP. It cost me an awful lot of time & hassle. I don't know what went wrong but be warned.

anchor 17:08 26 Mar 04

Here is their site:

click here

tech support:

[email protected]

I remember rawprawns difficulty; maybe the direct 30 day trial download is better??.

This is a comment from the FAQ`s-

"Will there be any decrease in the Windows OS performance after installing Recovery Genius"?

As with all recovery and rollback products, there will be a small decrease in system performance, as a trade-off for the protection it offers.

For systems with ‘FAT’ file format (such as Windows9X / ME), the typical performance penalty is under 5%.

For systems with ‘NTFS’ file format (such as WindowsNT /2000 / XP), the typical performance penalty is 20%.

Does anyone know if this also applies to Norton Ghost and Drive Image?.

RickyC :-) 17:12 26 Mar 04

When Recovery Genius software is installed, the final setup screen (the one which asks you to restart your PC) shows the default password is 12345678.

Insert this when prompted to uninstall the application successfully.

It is worth noting when installing any software application, that it is extremely important to read all the information presented to you during the installation process.

Thanks

Richard

CD Editor

rawprawn 17:34 26 Mar 04

What a great pity you didn't see my thread when I was in trouble, & give me the default password. It seems obvious that I missed it, but never the less you picked up this thread very quickly, and that password would have saved me enormous trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…