Password protecting Thunderbird

Halmer 16:20 17 Mar 07

How do I set up Thunderbird so that a password is required to access new mails please?

SANTOS7 16:26 17 Mar 07

To password-protect your e-mail account information in Portable Thunderbird, select Tools, Options, click the Advanced icon, expand the Saved Passwords section, and click Master Password. In the next dialog box, check Use a master password to encrypt stored passwords and then click Change Password. Enter your password in the provided fields and click OK twice, good luck..

Halmer 16:29 17 Mar 07

I did that but it still seems to download e-mails without asking for a password. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.

SANTOS7 16:34 17 Mar 07

click here

try this..

Halmer 16:38 17 Mar 07

The master password is meant to protect your stored passwords, not your profile. If you configure one it will prompt the user for a master password when they run Thunderbird.

but it doesn't for some reason!

Thunderbird simply loads and downloads messages which can be read by anyone.

Bill Baker 18:42 17 Mar 07

Try this extension.
click here

Clinker 06:50 28 May 07

I have three e mail addresses in Outlokk all with the same password.

When I set up Thunderbird, it keeps asking for a password for the other two but will not accept this password.

I have tried the master password set up but this does not seem to help.

Any ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…