//some 3rd party need geo

Password Protected Workgroup

5P!3R!0 22:39 09 Nov 05

Hello there.

i have recently bough a belkin wireless router/modem and am connected to the internet hassle free. i had a bit of trouble actually connecting the two computers (one laptop and one desktop) together. i am able to see the two computers in the "View All Available Workgroups". with the laptop, i am able to access the desktops shares, but with the desktop i am unable to see the shares on the laptop (it keeps asking for a password). but i recently formatted my laptop and have set no passwords.

has anyone got any suggestions how to get round this or find out my password???

Many Thanx 5P!3R!0

Forum Editor 22:41 09 Nov 05

any password.

5P!3R!0 15:54 10 Nov 05

i didnt kno what you ment by that, but nothing works. i have disabled my firewall temporarily to try it but it didnt change a thing.

5P!3R!0

mgmcc 23:01 10 Nov 05

In the PC which is denying access, have you actually set at least one folder as "shared" by right clicking it and selecting the Sharing & Security option?

By default, File & Printer Sharing is disabled in Windows XP and an attempt to access it without enabling Sharing will result in a prompt to enter the (non-existent) Password. The first time you set a folder as "shared", XP asks if you want to enable File & Printer Sharing. Thereafter, you *shouldn't* be asked for a Password.

5P!3R!0 15:25 11 Nov 05

I already had file and printer sharing enabled and i already did all of the sggestions you posted before hand. although i tried it earlier thismorning and it now works. i dont have a clue what made it work but now im happy that i can share.

Thankyou very much for your suggestions and time

5P!3R!0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…