Password Protected USB Memory stick

Perks 12:52 25 Nov 05

Some months ago I bought a 512 MB memory stick with software to password protect all or part of the 512 MB. I protected 256 MB and all worked well using XP Home.
A few weeks ago my HDD failed and had to be replaced. XP Home was reinstalled with me as the computer administrator. Although the public part of the memory is OK I cannot open the password protected part. I get a message 'Please insert the device or please run this utility as a privileged user'. Mine is the only user account and the memory stick is clearly in the USB port.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chegs ®™ 13:55 25 Nov 05

I had a similar thing happen with XP Pro.I used the inbuilt XP encryption to protect a couple of files on my PC.Then I had to reinstall the OS and try as I might,I could no longer access the encrypted files.Fortunately,I had used a different app to encrypt the duplicates on a CD so I was able to recover them from there.

I now only use click here as,if your OS goes belly up chances are the result will be lost files.

brambles 14:10 25 Nov 05

If it's a disgo type downloading the My Key software from their web site might resolve your difficulty.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…