Password Protected USB Memory stick

Perks 12:52 25 Nov 05

Some months ago I bought a 512 MB memory stick with software to password protect all or part of the 512 MB. I protected 256 MB and all worked well using XP Home.
A few weeks ago my HDD failed and had to be replaced. XP Home was reinstalled with me as the computer administrator. Although the public part of the memory is OK I cannot open the password protected part. I get a message 'Please insert the device or please run this utility as a privileged user'. Mine is the only user account and the memory stick is clearly in the USB port.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chegs ®™ 13:55 25 Nov 05

I had a similar thing happen with XP Pro.I used the inbuilt XP encryption to protect a couple of files on my PC.Then I had to reinstall the OS and try as I might,I could no longer access the encrypted files.Fortunately,I had used a different app to encrypt the duplicates on a CD so I was able to recover them from there.

I now only use click here as,if your OS goes belly up chances are the result will be lost files.

brambles 14:10 25 Nov 05

If it's a disgo type downloading the My Key software from their web site might resolve your difficulty.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch