password protected

pepa 14:31 19 May 06

please help my neices husband wont let her use the computer while hes at work they have windows x p and he has password protected the computer can any 1 tell me how to go in and find out which password he has put in you see i know how to get in through going in the safe mode way but the only way in that way is to remove the password that way he will find thats shes been in we need to know how to get in with out him ever knowing shes been in any tips will be gratfully appriciated thanx bye for now.

rodriguez 14:36 19 May 06

There is a program called Winternals which can clear passwords and allow access. However this will simply remove the password and you won't know what the original password is so he will notice that you've been in. I'll see if there's another program that lets you do it and if I find one i'll post the link on here.

mattyc_92 14:37 19 May 06

Why would you want to go onto the computer without him knowing?

alB 14:39 19 May 06

More to the point, why should he not want her to use it while he's at work...seems very strange....alB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:51 19 May 06

There are ways to get into windows if the password is forgotten or windows is corrupt (see your other thread)

There are also ways to bypass other peoples passwords however the forum Terms and Conditions click here (see forbidden territory) o not allow this.

Forum Editor 18:17 19 May 06

but a personal computer is just that - personal - and we have a policy of not providing assistance to someone who wants to access another person's machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…