Password Protect Outlook

Gorillaz 11:06 09 Oct 06

How can I set up Outlook so that you have to enter a password to open the program from the desktop icon?

anchor 11:11 09 Oct 06

Have a look here:

click here

TomG 11:14 09 Oct 06

Not sure you can - in older versions of OE (I think or it may even have been the fore-runner of OE) you used to have to enter a username and password.

If you are using Win 2K or XP the defence is that your account login (which is perculiar to you) is your protection In earlier versions there was little or no protection.

If you are concerend about someone reading your mail while you are away from your pc setup a screensaver which, if disturbed, takes you to the login screen.

Gorillaz 11:19 09 Oct 06

Thanks for both replies, do you know of any third-party software that is mentioned in the Microsoft article? The problem is that sometimes my colleagues want to use my laptop to access their emails and I do not like the idea of giving them free acess to all my emails.

TomG 11:39 09 Oct 06

If the operating system is xp or win 2k then why not setup different accounts for them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…