Password protect individual file

Axii9 11:29 01 Jan 05

How do I password protect individual files? WinXp.

Ta,

bremner 11:31 01 Jan 05

If XP Pro use the built in EFS (Encrytption File System)

If not click here= and pick one

bremner 11:33 01 Jan 05

Sorry should learn to read properly.

If you just want to password protect then if it is an Office document then choose save as > Options and add a password.

If it is another file then the easy way is to use Winzip and password protect the zip file.

LinuxPenguin 17:09 01 Jan 05

Winzips passwording has never worked for me, id recommend using zipgenius though, that way if you use the CZIP function, it is properly encrypted.

Axii9 07:52 02 Jan 05

The files are one I already have saved in my documents. Can I still add a password?

What is zipgenius?

Also, is there any way to add a password to existing folders? Either in my documents or my pictures?

Thanks.

bremner 08:17 02 Jan 05

Do you already have Winzip - if so millions of people successfully use that to password protect files/folders.

zipgenius is just another zipping program with similar functionality. If you do not have winzip then give zipgenius a try.

Taff36 09:44 02 Jan 05

What Kind of file is it? (Word, Excel ?) If it is an Office file do as Bremner said earlier. File>Save As> then options to add a password - You can use the same file name.

Axii9 10:50 02 Jan 05

A few word documents saved in my documents, and a picture folder saved in my pictures.

Taff36 11:17 02 Jan 05

Have you managed to password the Word Files as we described then?

What Operating System are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…