Password protect folder

RussG 16:52 02 Apr 04

I can control access to folders on my home network. However at work (Windows NT/2000), apart from having our own private space and also shared drives for sub departments we also have a shared drive which can be acccessed by everyone. Is it possible to password protect a folder on this shared drive, in order to restrict access.
My feeling is that this will be possible but I'm
off now until Monday(so can't try it) and it would be really useful to know before then.

Diodorus Siculus 17:02 02 Apr 04

click here for fine crypt:

Last week a TuDogs subscriber asked me for a way to prevent his children from accessing sensitive files on his PC. This is the third such request I have received recently so I'm mentioning this excellent software again. FineCrypt allows
you to create encrypted self-extracting archives which may be decrypted without the program. Encrypt files, directories and whole directory trees using a password or a key. You can
select any of 10 encryption algorithms and any of the four encryption modes. The program includes a key manager, the ability to display file statistics, a permanent file wiping function, and integration with the Windows shell. There are
more than three million users of this effective encryption software. Windows 95/98/2000/NT/Me/XP. 3.388MB. Free, but some functions limited in the free version. Found at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…