Password protect

Dorkins 08:17 03 Mar 07

Could someone tell me how i can password protect individual folders please. Thanks all

BurrWalnut 09:13 03 Mar 07

You could try Windows Guard click here

Dorkins 10:58 03 Mar 07

I'll have a look at Windows Guard Burrwalnut and thanks for the reply.

rawprawn 16:33 04 Mar 07

Download 7Zip, use it to zip the folder and use the password option. It works for any folder or file.
click here

rawprawn 16:35 04 Mar 07

Or use Axcrypt click here

plenusvita 19:19 08 May 07

hey guys,

I realise this is an oldish post, but I have just downloaded both programs - win guard pro and axcrypt.

Anyone had any problems with them ?

I am just worried they may be spam of phishing - or am I just being too paranoid here?

Any advice would be great please.

Kev.

Kate B 19:40 08 May 07

One good way to check for yourself is to Google the name of the program with something like "+ malware" as the search term.

Belatucadrus 20:11 10 May 07

Been using AxCrypt for some time with no problems, good product.

myanmarboy 10:00 19 May 07

I have a HP Pavilion laptop, just out of warranty
which has taken to freezing after an hour or two of use. Running XP home and not a lot of data on the machine - no games at all. It literally locks right up and has to be shut down by removing the battery. It feels warmish but I would not say 'hot'. I have good AV and AS and Windows Onecare gives it a clean bill of health. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Belatucadrus 13:05 19 May 07

1) start a new thread, tacking a question on an unrelated thread is a waste of time.
2) Get an "Air duster" from somewhere and ensure all the ventilation points are blown clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…