password problems solved

riddley 11:21 15 Feb 03

thanks to jazzypop and spikeychris for trying to help me with my password problem - windows was refusing to remember my email password. I tried all you guys suggested, but was rapidly losing the will to live as nothing worked, and ended up having to contact my local retailer's helpline. They sent me an article from Microsoft, with instructions that involved changing permissions in my registry. It was a slightly complex and nerve-wracking procedure, but seems to have sone the trick. It's evidently a problem that's been reported to microsoft, occurring in Windows 2000 and xp - just thought I'd let other users know, in case there are any fellow sufferers out there. I've spent every spare minute this week trying to sort it out, and can now start living again!!!

JoeC 11:42 15 Feb 03

by pasting it in here - might help others who have the same problem. Or can you post the article number ? : }

riddley 18:48 15 Feb 03

I have the article as an email attachment - more than happy to share it, but don't know how. Can you explain how I go about it? If it's any help, the heading is as follows: "OL2000: (IMO) Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or Windows XP (Q259416)" It came from the Microsoft Knowledge Base and there's also a reference to another article, number Q275465.

spikeychris 18:53 15 Feb 03

click here for link. Glad your sorted riddley

Chris

spikeychris 18:56 15 Feb 03

click here for original posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…