Password Problems

R.C.M. 09:31 24 Jul 07

Hi for some reason my password to log on to this site does not often work, for instance, last night I could not log on at all. I got several PC advisor email reminders all telling me the password I use but does not work.

This morning I tried to log on again three refusals and on the fourth time a box appeared on the desktop telling me the password I'm trying to use is not recognised by windows? and would I like windows to remember this new! password - I clicked yes and I was connected to PC Advisor.

Can someone tell me how I can change my password as I do not want to turn off the page in case I get the same password problem.

acxxxx 11:34 24 Jul 07

Are you manually entering your email address and password at the top left of the screen or letting windows do it for you?

It could be you entered your email address wrong and windows is now auto filling it wrong. When you logged on this morning did you manually input both boxes?

Sea Urchin 13:04 24 Jul 07

Next time you are successfully logged on on to this site click your "Welcome" name (top left hand corner) and on your account details tick the auto-complete box. If you wish you can also change your password on the same page. Then click button to update your details.

dg8 16:38 24 Jul 07

I have just managed to successfully log on -
acxxxx
My email address was entered using Auto Fill, my password was entered manually

Sea Urchin
As soon as I got logged on I went to my account page and changed my username and password. I have tested the changes 4 times and I was logged on each time. I was unable to find auto-complete, the only box I could find was auto-login I just left this blank to be safe.

Thanks very much to you both Your help has been apprieciated - all the best and take care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple