Password Problem

Bagsey 11:45 06 May 06

My wifes lap top which is runing XP Pro. has started today asking for a password. She has no password. Can anyone explain in very simple language how to get round this problem please. It is quite urgent as there are bills to pay.
Thanks for any guidance.

Gongoozler 11:49 06 May 06

When Windows asks for a password, have you tried simply pressing the Enter key?

Marsh Warden © ™ 11:52 06 May 06

Don't know about simplw language, but for some comprehensive advice click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:59 06 May 06

Boot to safe mode (tap F8 while switching on)and log in as Administrator

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use
this computer" option and click OK

Admin password. Do not have one.
start > control panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Options - scroll down to Recovery Console > Allow automatic administrative logon - set it to Enabled

Bagsey 13:17 06 May 06

Very many thanks for that very fast response. The job is now sorted.
Gongoozler. I had tried your suggestion but no joy.
Marsh Warden © ™ I had a look at your click here but couldnt get my head round that.To old now. Me that is.
Fruit Bat /\0/\ Followed your instuction and got to the answer and my wife can now sort out our bills. Very many thanks to you all for taking the trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…