password notice - windows won't load

Elwell 10:21 18 Dec 04

Starting XP after initial screen I get a system error message regarding Issas.exe. It says 'When trying to return a password the return status indicates the value provided as the current password is incorrect.' Then the machine goes into sleep mode. Can't get into safe mode or anything as the same thing happens so can't get on at all. I haven't done anything re the password and the machine was ok yesterday.

Any help appreciated.

spanneress 10:37 18 Dec 04

It's a virus.

click here

spanneress 10:43 18 Dec 04

ANd it is also a arient of sasser.

click here

Also try click here

Elwell 12:56 18 Dec 04

How do I get rid of it if I can't get into Windows?

spanneress 12:59 18 Dec 04

Ok..try booting into safe mode (F8 hit repeatedly) and choose 'last known good configuration'. Have you got nay data on there you need to keep? And, have you tried repairing XP? restoring tolast known goog config is the first option...

spanneress 13:03 18 Dec 04

You should have a little time before the shut down or sleep mode commences, click here which gives you time to run the fix. I have removed sassler from loads of machines that shut down pretty much immediately asfter start up so don't lose faith! you just need quick reactions!

Elwell 17:58 18 Dec 04

I managed to run a recovery program which allowed me to run Stinger. That found Bling.exe which was removed. I also ran the Microsoft patch but still have same problem when I try to boot up. Can't get into Windows at all and am stuck again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…