password maniger for linux

jon2 15:45 PM 23 Oct 11

any one suggest a password manager for Linux

northumbria61 15:54 PM 23 Oct 11
  northumbria61 15:57 PM 23 Oct 11

This appears to be a popular one for Linux. I haven't used it so can't advise any further but it is FREE enter link description here

octal 17:26 PM 23 Oct 11

What flavour of Linux are you using? You might find one in your repository.

LastChip 19:22 PM 23 Oct 11

As octal says, to a degree, it depends upon which Linux you're using. But there will almost certainly be a few in your repositories.

I just did a quick search in my Debian repositories and came up with about six possibilities. keepassx seems to be one of the more popular ones, which suggests to me it's probably easy to use.

I can't personally verify that, as I don't use one. But in all honesty, it's something I've been thinking about for a while. And having had my credit card flagged as stolen recently (even though I'm still in possession of it), did make me wonder if the passwords I was using were as safe as I thought. Complex passwords with a master key manager, would make sense, unless the master gets compromised.

Security (both on and off-line) is a mind-blowing exercise and one if you're not careful, one can become over-paranoid about. That's certainly not dismissing security out of hand, just simply trying to get a reasonable perspective on it.

jon2 15:13 PM 24 Oct 11

many thanks for all your tips, I will be looking at all of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week