Password managers

cowgirl66 14:02 30 May 06

I'm needing advice on what password manager to use. I've only ever used the free version of Roboform but it only stores ten passwords. I would like to know of anything else which works weill with WinXP and is fairly simple to understand!

Regards cowgirl66

mattyc_92 14:16 30 May 06

Mozilla firefox has it's own "Password Manager" built in.... click here

Hillwood 14:22 30 May 06

Try Password Safe an open source program and free. Works well with XP.
Hillwood

click here

rawprawn 15:46 30 May 06

click here
This is Roboform V5.7.6 which allows up to 30 free password. (It's a direct link)

rawprawn 15:47 30 May 06

click here Is very good.

rawprawn 16:00 30 May 06

I should have warned you, if you download Roboform V5.7.6 untick "Notify about new versions" in Options. If you update it will revert back to onle 10 passwords.

cowgirl66 16:03 30 May 06

Rawprawn, how come this version allows 30 free passwords?

I looked on Mozilla, Mattyc, but couldn't find out the bit about built-in Password Manager and I use Internet Express anyway.

If if came down to choosing between Whipser32 and Roboform I'd choose Roboform I think because it's more tempting to a nerd like me. I'm keen to use the one you suggested Rawprawn if it's not one I have to pay for?

cowgirl66 16:03 30 May 06

And what about Access Manager, what's that like?

rawprawn 16:35 30 May 06

The old versions used to allow 30 free passwords, but they reduced the number to 10 and if you updated that's what happened. Don't worry it's free and just the same as the one you are using, just an earlier version. When you click on the link it will ask you to "Run or Save" straight away. Choose "save" that way you will have a copy of the .exe if you ever have a problem.

cowgirl66 16:47 30 May 06

Thanks, I'll download that one I think as it's what I'm used to.

Thanks everybody :-)

colberly 19:18 30 May 06

I use Acerose from click here which has no limit on the number of passwords you use and it's free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…