password manager

conrail 17:45 03 Aug 08

I have been using Password Manager by Safe 'n' Secure, for a while now and everything has been fine, today when I opened the program a number of passwords were not present, restarted the program and the same results so I tried to save what I had but got the error message "Invalid File - not a PKZip file", saving to a different location is fine, but I would like to access my missing passwords. anybody any idea on what has gone wrong please? I am using xp home sp2

rawprawn 18:16 03 Aug 08

I don't know if this would work but you could try reinstalling over the top

conrail 20:13 03 Aug 08

thanks rawprawn but it wont install over it's self, it just tells me it is already installed and I don't want to uninstall as that would remove the original saved file which is what I want to access

LANDCRUISER 00:13 04 Aug 08

have you tried system retore to when it was working

conrail 17:33 04 Aug 08

thanks for suggestion LANDCRUISER but I cannot remember when I last used it, I could go back about a month and try that

rawprawn 17:45 04 Aug 08

If you go back a month that won't really matter, it will only change system files not data files.
However if you have installed any new programs in that time it will "Uninstall" them, and you would need to reinstall them after system restore.

conrail 21:05 06 Aug 08

thanks guys, went back 2 months to when I formatted and reinstalled and checked each system restore on wards but still the files are missing from the program so I think I willjust have to reapply for them, they are from online institutions, all help appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…