Password manager

baldyx 20:33 14 Feb 05

I have downloaded the Norton Password Manager which is offered free with Norton Internet Security 2005.

I would like to know if anyone has used it & is reliable & secure.

Thanks.

Indigo 1 21:16 14 Feb 05

I (personally) would never use a password manager that is incorporated with a front line defense program such as Firewall or A-V as this would be the first point of attack for a hacker (cracker). If they can break through your main defense system they can easily scan it for passwords and stuff.

Be careful.

This one comes highly recommended although I haven't tried it myself click here

GaT7 21:58 14 Feb 05

The passwords in NPM are encrypted: "The passwords and user names that Norton Password Manager saves are encrypted. You cannot find the passwords or user names by searching through the Windows registry or the files that are on the computer." - from: click here

All password managers (hopefully ALL!), even the many free ones have at least 128-bit encryption - if not, don't use them!

Roboform is well recommended (see Indigo's link), though only this free version click here (DIRECT download) will let one save 30 passwords. The newer versions have a 10-password limit (I think). Roboform's homepage is at click here. G

Chezdez 22:03 14 Feb 05

the best password manager is a piece of paper stuck to the underside of your bed (not a couch, people look under there when they lose stuff)

unless of course everyone chills in your bedroom when people come round? in which case, they'll look under your bed for missing keys/lighters/money etc etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…