Password - how can I get around this??

laptopdunce 01:51 09 Jun 14

I have lost my password for ebay on my tablet, but it is working fine on my laptop, (albeit with those ** when autofill enters the username and password) I dont want to change the password again, is there a way I can retrieve the password to use it in my tablet - simply cant remember what the password can be!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

spuds 12:07 09 Jun 14

I cannot see a problem here, if you are using the same password on both the computer and tablet.

I you tried requesting the password details via the 'forgotten password' facility?.

laptopdunce 21:03 09 Jun 14

Hi, I remembered the password in the end and then stored it in an email to myself (in t* form so I can decypher what it is) and saved that as a draft. I am a bit wary of this roboform thing really, I am using google chrome on the laptop and the tablet is a google jellybean I think, in ebay they dont send you a copy of your password, you simply have to change it entirely if you lose it, as I had it already set up for auto-fill on the laptop (but it only shows *'s for the password) I didnt want to reset the password, as it was only on the tablet after clearing the cache etc., that it disappeared and I didnt really want all the rigmarole with ebay again after I changed the password earlier after their own hacking thing, as I travel alot I didnt want my ebay listing facility blocked in europe (as happended after changing password) then a long rigmarole with ebay phoning me from USA to europe to see that my account had been reconfigured so I could list from Europe as well as UK. Oh, its been a nightmare, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

BT 08:00 10 Jun 14

..then stored it in an email to myself

OK till you accidentally delete it. I have a small A6 notebook that I have used for many years to record things that I need to remember like passwords, and it is immune from failing computers, viruses etc. Its getting a bit full now and a lot of the stuff is now redundant, but its never gone wrong, but I think I'll have to invest in a new one soon. ☺

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5