Password forgotten

geekygirl 20:44 28 Feb 04

When I click on send/receive to get my emails in OE6, the program asks me for a password. I have forgotten which password I put in originally!!! Please help!

powerless 20:46 28 Feb 04

Hmmmm that password would be your (probably) your ISP password. Probably the same you use to logon to the internet.

If its not what Email Account are you trying?

geekygirl 20:50 28 Feb 04

Hi, Using outlook express 6, and tis a home email address. Tried the isp password to no avail!

powerless 20:58 28 Feb 04

Who is you ISP?

...and are you trying your ISP's email or another email account [Lycos, Hotmail, etc].

geekygirl 21:01 28 Feb 04

freeserve and it is an email account of freeserve's

HIGHLANDER77 21:05 28 Feb 04

U COULD OPEN AN HOTMAIL ACCOUNT AND THEN ASK FREESERVE TO POST UR PASSWORD TO THE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT.

HIGHLANDER77

cycoze 21:06 28 Feb 04

Have a look at this thread click here , plenty of password utilities .

powerless 21:08 28 Feb 04
  CurranShelter 21:11 28 Feb 04

And if it's an ISP account, are you sure you've tried the correct ISP password? If you're in any doubt, you can download a handy tool:

click here

... just install, run and wave the pointer over the starred-out password in your ISP dialup connection dialogue box (assuming you have the "Save password" option ticked) and it will reveal what the password is.

Failing that, perhaps your mail provider will reset the p/w for you. Good luck.

GroupFC 21:28 28 Feb 04

Dialupass is what you want I think you can get it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…