Password on a Folder

I have a folder which contains allsorts - word docs, pics, mpegs etc. How do I put a password on just this folder so nobody can access it that have access to the computer. Thanks.

ACOLYTE 11:49 12 Dec 04

What OS?,in xp right click the folder/properties/sharing and make it private.

I have XP Pro and if I right click on properties the make private is already ticked and greyed out.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 12 Dec 04

Encryptors :-
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here

mattyc_92 14:35 12 Dec 04

Use the "advanced file sharing" option. You can select a group of users or certian people who you want to open a folder, file, or say a drive....

Open "My Computer", go to "Tools->Folder Options->View" and at the bottom of the "list", there is the "Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)" option.... Untick this option and you will now get the "Security" tab in the "Properties" option for Drives, Files and Folders.... Change these "permissions" and then you have sucessfully enabled and used the "Advanced File Sharing" for windows XP Professional

NOTE: You must have your hard-disk in the NTFS systen format to use this!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…