Password on a folder?

Dazwm 10:31 28 Dec 03

I want to put a folder on my desktop with some private files in. Is there anyway I can put a password on it so other users of the computer cannot open it?

Thanks

AubreyS 10:32 28 Dec 03

What O/S do you have?

Dazwm 10:36 28 Dec 03

XP Pro

AubreyS 10:41 28 Dec 03

Make your new folder then right click on it. Choose Sharing and Security then Make This Folder Private and follow the instructions.

Dazwm 10:50 28 Dec 03

I've tried that but it makes you do a password to actually logon, but I want others to be able to logon and use everthing but just not see that folder.

AubreyS 11:02 28 Dec 03

I think that is the only way you can do it in XP. There is software available to do what you want. Go to Google and do a search for something like "password protect folders"

christmascracker 11:10 28 Dec 03

Right click the folder, properties and put a tick in the hidden box

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:37 28 Dec 03

There is this it is only a trail version but should do what you want click here

Regards.

Ben.s 12:27 28 Dec 03

u should hve the optoin to put a password on the files u save. r u tlkin about programs or documents?

Dazwm 12:54 28 Dec 03

Documents and programs

tbh72 13:03 28 Dec 03

I have win98se & have placed a password protected "Winzip" file into the Send To directory. So as such there is no visible folder, but I can securely add files by simply right clicking them & sending them to the "Zip File".

Not sure if it feasable with XP though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…