Password to enter XP account won't work

VGC 23:12 25 Mar 04

About 1 month ago we had to reinstall windows XP.I reset up my account as password protected. When I set it up and entered my password - all was OK. However the next time I try to open my account a window comes up saying 'forgot your password?' and I have to reset my account with no password to be able to access it. It's a shared system(4 of us) and both my son and I are administrators. His a/c is also password protected and he has no problems. The other two users are limited a/c,s but they also have the same problem - they can password protect their a/c,s but it only works the first time and thereafter their passwords are not remembered. Can anyone please help, VGC.

temp003 02:39 26 Mar 04

Check this. Ask your son to log on, right click My Computer, select Manage. On the left, expand System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users.

Highlight Users. On the right, right click your account, Properties. Check that Password never expires is ticked, and the other boxes are unticked. If any changes are needed, click OK. Then right click your account again and select Set password to reset your password. See if it makes any difference.

Check the other accounts as well (and apply appropriate password settings) and reset password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…