Password Dilema

Bagsey 16:58 PM 08 Nov 11

I am using a BT Home hub to connect to my BT broadband. It was set up for me by a friend and I dont know the password for it. This has never bothered me until today when I bought a new Kindle 4 for my wife and it is asking for the password for the hub so that I can set the kindle wifi connection. Can anyone tell me how to find the password that was used. There must be a way to do this but it is beyond my knowledge. Help someone please!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 PM 08 Nov 11

The passkey is on a sticker on the back of the hub.

There are two to choose from on the sticker. Just try them and see. Be careful to use the correct lowercase/upper case. if neither work then the Hub can be reset to default settings

http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub_login.html

birdface 17:17 PM 08 Nov 11

You could download SIW and see if it tells you or not.

I know with my daughters router you could reset it back to factory settings then install another password.Not sure if you can do it with yours or not.

Bagsey 18:07 PM 08 Nov 11

Thanks to both of you. I will try both of your sugestion when I get home this evening and postback.

Strawballs 19:40 PM 08 Nov 11

BT's home hub will have a sticker on it with pass key.

mobing 03:48 AM 09 Nov 11

i have met this for several times and have to reset it ! boring !

Bagsey 17:38 PM 10 Nov 11

Thanks to you all for the help. Problem resolved now. I had never noticed the sticker on the reverse of the Home Hub befor. Anyway my wifes new Kundle is now working fine.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone