Password Dialogue

Simsy 17:52 14 Nov 06

Folks,

By searching for help here I found the answer to a concern I was having with ZoneAlarm setup... Thanks.

As a result I now am able to share my printer successfully with another pc.. hooray...

However, somthing else has arisen...

The mains PC runs WinXP home... the other runs 98se. I ran the wizard on the XP machine, which prompted me to create a wizard on a floppy, to run on the 98 pc... which I then ran, seemingly OK.

All has worked, but I'm now in a position where the 98 pc requires a network password as part of it's boot up... There is no password, so clicking "OK" or "Cancel" allows bootup to continue, but I really don't want this box at all.

It is only a spare, backup machine, but it's slow and takes ages to boot. When used I turn it on and make a cuppa! I don't want to intterupt the cuppa making to just press a button. (Slight exaggeration there, for effect, but you get the idea!)

Is there a way to be rid of it? There are no user accounts, just the one user, i.e anybody.

Thanks in advance,

Simsy

(Also posted in Networking forum)

FreeCell 18:01 14 Nov 06
  Simsy 19:27 14 Nov 06

Resolved with that info.

Ta,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…