Password deletion.

Derek 22:02 23 Jan 03
  Derek 22:02 23 Jan 03

So sorry to have to ask about passwords because I know that in the past, this subject has been well and trully aired. Tried the "Search" using the words "Search" and Passwords" but guess what happened ??

Question - how do I delete a password (Win 98)and the box that it appears in Many thanks. DM.

DieSse 22:12 23 Jan 03

Do a search for .pwl files, and delete them.

Go to the Control Panel - Network settings. Remove the Client for MS Networks entry.

Reboot

Re-instate the client for MS networks setting

Reboot

When the log-on/password box appears, click OK

It should not appear again.

obbit 22:29 23 Jan 03

Goto control panel, passwords, click change windows password. put in the old password, type in enough spaces in new password to cover the old password. put in the same amount of spaces in confirm and click ok. start up password will not appear. you can also press Esc if it does and bypass it

best wishes

obbit

Derek 12:56 24 Jan 03

Many thanks to you both DM.

Cuddles 23:20 24 Jan 03

PLEASE NOTE ANYONE READING THIS SEARCH FOR *.PWL NOT .PWL AS THIS WILL NOT RETURN WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

450223 11:57 29 Jan 03

I have a Compaq Armarda M700 notebook with a forgotten start up password. How do I do one or more of the following. 1. Get at the CMOS jumper. 2 remove the motherboard battery (if there is one). 3 choose the correct BIOS update from the Intel V.26 build 004 it has at the moment? Any help would be most appreciated as I have had no reply from HP/COMPAQ!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…