Password for broadband

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:32 14 Oct 03

Hi i have been told that i dont need a password for my upcoming broad band connection as there is no web space email addy to protect so all i need do is input my username to log on but i have 3 very inqusitive kids and i would feel a lot safer with a password as well is there a way to set this up ?

Jester2K II 12:42 14 Oct 03

Bit more info.

What type of Broadband - ADSL (Telephone line) or Cable Broadband?

What version Windows??

Jester2K II 12:42 14 Oct 03

Bit more info.

What type of Broadband - ADSL (Telephone line) or Cable Broadband?

What version Windows??

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:46 14 Oct 03

It will be ADSL BT broadband i think using telephone line.Win 98se.

Regards.

Jester2K II 12:59 14 Oct 03

You will still need a password to log on.

Jester2K II 13:00 14 Oct 03

To calrify. ADSL still needs to "dial up" but it takes a second to do. You'll still get and need a password same as when you are on DUN.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:01 14 Oct 03

Not according to bt they said all i need is my name first/last and @bt.com,they dont provide password cos i got no email addy or wbspace to protect.

Sir Radfordin 13:09 14 Oct 03

If BT have told you that you don't need a password, then I guess you don't! You can connect on the ADSL at the moment can you?

One thing you could try which may or may not work is to put a dummy password in and save it with the connection. All you would have to do is remove it each time you wanted to connect. Your kids may work out a way round that one though!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:15 14 Oct 03

I have all installed modem username the lot just waitng for bt to activate the line! could take 10 days so they say i opted for the game package so my eldest could get on line with his ps2 yet to see how that works lol.

graham√ 13:25 14 Oct 03

Keep trying ADSL, BT are sometimes a little slow telling you they've done the work.

rober32 14:04 14 Oct 03

to access BT Broadband you do not require a password only a username.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…