Password access to HD

Quilljar 13:36 26 Jan 08

I am trying to access an HD which has been removed from a friend's computer. I cannot find many files which he tells me are on there. Is it possible that they are password protected? If so, how do
I get the password to work now that I am not accessing the disk through his version of windows , but as an external disc on my own computer?

MAT ALAN 13:41 26 Jan 08

You should still see them whether they are password protected or not (your friend will know if they are , or they should) and it would probably come from a third party prog..

or they are encrypted
click here

link may help... (santos7)

Quilljar 14:39 26 Jan 08

I agree, that is what i thought. But my pal says he has not encrypted the files. I have searched for *.jpg right across the disc and found a whole lot of rubbish jpgs from games and so on but not the 1500 digital photos that he says are on there. Any other suggestions as to how I might look, or is it as I believe, that they must have been erased?

MAT ALAN 14:49 26 Jan 08

if you know the capacity of the HDD, how much free space does it tell you there is when you highlight the disc in my comp, it will tell you if indeed there are any files to recover..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now